Nanny Nina behaviour guideline
Below we describe what we expect from our babysitters
The Nanny Nina behaviour code
- Always start your email with a greeting ( ‘Hello name parent” and “looking forward to hearing from you, your name”)
- Dress neatly
- When you are not able to babysit when you are booked, you call the parents (don't text or whatsapp) and also your Suburb Captain
- Do not invite other people over when you are babysitting.
- Don't look at your mobile phone all the time.
- You are enthusiastic and have plenty ideas of things to do with the children.
- Ask the parents what the children are allowed to do: often there is a maximum time that the kids can watch tv or play video games
- Always ask the parents for their phone numbers (in case of an emergency)
- You ask about rituals, bed times etc.
- When you are sick and you cannot babysit, call your suburb captain and the parents
- Don't smoke in the house
- You do not place anything on Social Media regarding your babysitting without asking the parents
- In case of an emergency: call the parents and 000.
- When a baby keeps crying (more than 30 min) call the parents for advice.
- When you suspect something strange about a family: call your captain.